On Tuesday 13th October 2020 @thebrilliantbreakfast are inviting everyone to get together to support and raise money for @PrincesTrust #WomenSupportingWomen initiative.
You can sign up to host your own #BrilliantBreakfast and Laura and I had an idea to launch a social media campaign (#BrilliantWomen) to celebrate incredible women! We would love for you all to take part if you can by tagging #BrilliantWomen in your life or who have inspired you and donating if and whatever you can to the #WomenSupportingWomen campaign (we have just set up a @justgiving page here).
Thank you so much to The Brilliant Breakfast for sending providing more information on the campaign below and thank you to you all for your support, generosity and kindness! Rachel & Laura x
What does The Prince’s Trust do?
The Prince’s Trust is a charity which champions young people, no matter what their background or circumstance. They work with 11-30 year olds who are unemployed or struggling at school, many of whom are facing challenges such as long-term unemployment, being excluded from school, homelessness, leaving care or facing mental health problems. The Trust supports these young people to develop the practical skills and emotional tools they need to stabilise their lives and move into work, training or education.
What is Women Supporting Women?
Women Supporting Women is an initiative which changes the lives of young women by funding the work of The Prince’s Trust. The group believe that all young women – no matter what their background or circumstances - deserve the chance to reach their full potential. The money raised through this initiative will go to support young women across all eight programmes run by The Trust.
The Brilliant Breakfast
Our mission is to inspire and invite women from all over the country to get together for breakfast to raise money in aid of Women Supporting Women for The Prince’s Trust. 2020 is the inaugural year for this grassroots campaign which wants to change lives by raising money for young women in the UK who need our support, helping them to wake up to a more positive future. Through this annual event, we are looking to raise funds which will provide the right help to nurture, inspire and empower these young women to build their own futures through employment, education, training or by starting their own business.
The Effect of Covid-19
Young people are among the hardest hit by Covid-19. Prince’s Trust research says over half of young women say their anxiety has increased because of the crisis and say finding a job feels impossible.
PWC found that 80% of those who have lost their jobs since the crisis began are women and two-thirds of these are aged 18-34 (The Times)
Women are one third more likely to work in a sector that is now shut down than men (Institute of Fiscal Studies)
NO DONATION IS TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL
- £5: could pay for a reading module towards an English qualification for 1 young woman
- £10: could teach 1 young woman how to manage their money with a day-long budgeting session
- £25: could help an isolated young woman travel to a two-week course that will help them gain work experience
- £50: could ensure 1 young woman can travel to work in the month before their first paycheque
- £100: could buy the equipment that opens up a lifelong career for a young woman on the margins of society – for example to become as chef, a hairdresser, a nail technician
- £250: could provide 1 young woman with the freedom to explore their business idea through a ‘will it work’ grant
- £500: could unlock 1 young woman’s confidence on a 12-week personal development course which builds practical and emotional skill to take that next step into work, education or training
- £1,000: could give 5 young women struggling to make ends meet during Covid-19 the laptops they need to further their education
- £5,000: could re-build the confidence and inspire 7 young women from the margins of society on a life-changing residential week
- £10,000: could give 100 young women the equipment that opens up a lifelong career to help them and their families.
Follow The Brilliant Breakfast
Please post pictures from your Brilliant Breakfast and tag @thebrilliantbreakfast on instagram and facebook @BrilliantBrekky on twitter
#ChangeAGirlsLife #PrincesTrust #BrilliantWomen